II Timothy 2:15 – Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Cornerstone Baptist Academy’s philosophy of education is based upon the Word of God. Our goal is to help our students establish a Christian lifestyle and to give them a good general education. Because the main existence of this school is a spiritual ministry, we make every effort to lead all students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Once Christ is the foundation of the student’s life, the teaching of God’s Word and how to apply it to our Christian living can have a solid foundation.
Our academic program, through the traditional approach, is developed to offer students the best possible program for learning. We emphasize mastery of foundational units of material necessary for satisfactory achievement in these areas. Not only do we emphasize knowledge of facts and concepts, but also how to exercise the reasoning ability. Our teaching methods are proven to be effective; however, we continue to seek even better teaching methods. Since we understand that each person is created with various abilities, our standard is for each student to do his best. We believe the combination of traditional teaching methods and traditional curriculum provides students with a biblical foundation for academic excellence and good character training. Our education system encourages patriotism and competition.
Cornerstone Baptist Academy believes character training is a vital part of a Christian education. Since obedience is the key to developing Godly character, we work to consistently train our students to obey quickly and with a right heart attitude. We believe this will help the student develop self-discipline. Our classrooms are teacher-directed.
Students are motivated to develop the ‘mind of Christ’ (Philippians 2:5) in their own lives, which is the main reason for the existence of Christian Education. This is accomplished through three areas of emphasis:
- The first and strongest emphasis is the spiritual nature of the child and family. The clear teaching of the Bible is the best foundation for all other learning. The Bible is taught not only as a class, but it permeates each and every subject. We endeavor to introduce each child to Christ and to direct children and families to know the Bible, as well as to live it.
- The second emphasis is on academics. The school uses an A.C.E. Christian curriculum and a practical approach. The A.C.E. curriculum has been tested for more than 40 years and is currently used by more than 3 million students each year. Graduates of A.C.E. schools have attended some of the finest colleges and universities in our country. We will provide a superior academic climate and promote personal academic excellence to prepare the child for Christian leadership. It allows those needing extra help to get the help they need, while allowing others to move ahead. A.C.E. strives for mastery of the subject matter, not just general knowledge. It is designed to fill in the ‘gaps’ in your child’s education, so they better understand.
- The final emphasis is on proper physical and social development. Our physical education program is continually developing to meet the needs of all the grades. The school teaches discipline and character in action and conduct.
The goal of Cornerstone Baptist Academy is to work as an extension of the home and church to instill a biblical worldview and lifestyle in the lives of all students as we give them a good general education. It is necessary that the school, parent(s), and the student work together to achieve this goal. If the school determines that the family and school will not be able to work together to promote a healthy spiritual and academic environment, the administration reserves the right to require immediate expulsion from the school, and the family will not have the option to re-enroll their child(ren) in the school.
In some cases, the administration may learn that the atmosphere within a certain home is contradicting the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, sexual immorality, homosexual orientation, illegal drugs and alcohol, or inability to support the moral principles of the school. In these situations, the administration reserves the right to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student. It is expected that school families are active members of Cornerstone Baptist Church in McAlester, OK.
The mission of Cornerstone Baptist Academy is to glorify God through the ministry of education from a Biblical perspective.
The objectives of Cornerstone Baptist Academy relate specifically to the purpose of training Christian young people to live a life of service to the Lord Jesus Christ. The basic objectives for meeting this goal are that the graduate of Cornerstone Baptist Academy will be
- Able to lead others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ
- Capable of rightly dividing the Word of God
- Academically prepared to attend college
Cornerstone Baptist Academy enrolls on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents must meet with the administrator prior to acceptance. Parents must be active members of Cornerstone Baptist Church.
Parents must read the Admissions Policy and sign that they read and will comply with the policy.
K5 students must be 5 years old by September 15.
The following materials must be submitted to the school before final admission of any student:
- Registration Card
- Immunization Record
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Health Form
- Parent’s Pledge of Cooperation
- Authorization to Treat a Minor Form
- Annual Field Trip Release/Emergency Medical Form
- Child Pick-up Authorization Form
- Transcript Release Form
- Achievement test scores from previous school
- All tuition to date
Attendance at Cornerstone Baptist Academy is a privilege, not a right. Students may forfeit this privilege if they do not conform to the standards of conduct at our school.
Classroom discipline is absolutely necessary for a good learning environment. Furthermore, it helps students to develop self-discipline and good character. The teacher is responsible to maintain good classroom behavior. Therefore, students are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. We will not tolerate unacceptable behavior such as talking without permission, incomplete homework assignments, fighting/violence, lying, stealing, disrespect, cursing, threatening, forging another’s name, cheating, deliberately damaging school property or another’s property. Cornerstone Baptist Academy expects full cooperation from both the student and the parent in the education of the student.
When incorrect behavior occurs, students will receive correction to try to change the student’s behavior and attitude. Examples of corrective measures that may be taken by the teacher are time-out, loss of privilege, a student-teacher conference, a student-administrator conference, a one-hour detention after school, Saturday school, or a parent-teacher conference. In some cases, the administration may deem it necessary for the parent to come to the school and administer corporal punishment. Students can be suspended or expelled for excessive accumulation of detentions, skipping school, or for failure to report to detention or Saturday school. Students can be suspended or expelled after 3 excessive accumulations of unacceptable behavior.